Thursday, May 16, 2013

White bean tortilla heaven!



When I say heaven I mean it!
This meal is my top 3 meals to date. It rocks in every way!
*fast*yummy*easy clean-up

My toppings include: Avocado, tomatoes, spinach(lettuce or sprouts work) carrots, red onion.

I made my tortillas only because Sprouts was out of my Food for life gluten free tortillas which kind of was a blessing because really these tortillas are A-mazing!

http://www.yammiesglutenfreedom.com/2013/04/gluten-free-flour-tortillas.html?m=1

Notes: I did not use shortening but coconut oil and guar gum in place of xanthan gum and coconut sugar in place of white sugar.

My white bean mix was here:

http://86lemons.com/vegan-white-bean-avocado-club/

Recipe:

STEP 1
In a medium bowl, combine the following:

2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained*
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 small red onion (or 2 small shallots), chopped
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped or minced
juice from half of one lemon

Roughly mash the mixture with a potato masher.

Notes: You can use garbanzo beans if you fancy


Ps. next time I'll get a better pic but because this is an Insta post, I took with my Ipod which doesn't get the best pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment