Monday, May 27, 2013

Sexy Joe's

So once upon a time back a long time ago I used to make Sexy Joe's from the Biggest Looser Cookbook.
Well I was going through my old recipes and found it again and decided to make it.
I'm not giving them credit for the recipe since I really made it up and did what my nose told me to but I looked at the recipe. I copied the name cuz I like it???

Sexy Joes



1lb of ground beef(could be chicken I suppose?)
1 green, red, or yellow pepper
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1-2 tbs of coconut oil or oil of choice
1/4 of red or yellow onion
2 big to medium tomatoes (can do canned tomatoes if you want)
1 tbs tomato paste
2 tsp honey
1 tsp sugar
1 tbs vinegar
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp(less or more) red pepper flakes
generous amount of salt
pepper
pinch of cinnamon



What you do:

Brown meat in a pan. While thats cooking heat oil in a pot and add onions and garlic until fragrant. add tomatoes(or canned) and tomato paste. Have the heat on medium to get the juices from the tomato going if using fresh. Once tomatoes are getting softer add honey, sugar, vinegars, spices, salt and pepper.

Once the meat is cooked rinse it just a little bit and add some salt with the peppers.

Once the sauce is thicker(10 mins?) add to the meat and peppers. Let simmer until desired consistency.
I did it until I felt like it was think enough. I have it on medium heat.

Serve with rice and make a lettuce wrap, put on buns or pida like hubby did and add spinach for extra goodness.

Please tell me what you think! Husband was impressed and I really enjoyed it!
Ethan approved ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment